Monday, June 20, 2011

A healthy recipe I can't wait to try... egg muffins???

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.
John
Gunther



Sometimes I find recipes in the most bizarre places.  This one was on a Facebook photo with a link to the recipe from healthy recipes.  I can't wait to try it out!  I don't know about you but my morning breakfasts are pretty boring and predictable to be honest.  I usually get stuck in a rut of a bowl of oatmeal or an egg white omlette so when I find something that is different and sounds delicious I absolutely have to try it out.  This one is great because it is low in carbs and super high in protein (sounds like a great after workout snack Bethany!).  They use green onions in their muffins but I'm thinking sundried, bell peppers, mushrooms, anything you love!  I'm also thinking of trying them with egg whites for a lighter points value... I'll update with new recipes as I work them out!  Plus I read that you can pop them in the fridge and heat them as you need them. Since I have to wake up at 5 am in order to workout before work this is a definite must, and yes I do workout mainly because this blog would make me a fatty if not :)!!!  On a side note how cute is this little turquoise table area?  I would LOVE having my quiet time/breakfast here every morning.  Suffice it to say... I'm jealous!  Oh well, enough babbling from me... here's the recipe!


YUM!!!
Healthy Egg Muffins:
Makes 12 muffins


Ingredients
12 large eggs
½ cup Voskos Greek yogurt, plain low fat
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Black pepper
1 cup shredded Parmesan
½ cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a 12-cup silicone muffin pan on the foil and spray the cups with nonstick spray. Important to use a silicone pan – eggs will badly stick to a metal tin, even if lined and sprayed.
Mix all ingredients. Fill cups.
Bake 35 minutes, until muffins are set, puffed and lightly browned. They are very puffy when you take them out of the oven, then deflate a little as they cool – but they are still very cute!
Allow to cool for 5 minutes until easier to handle, then remove to a wire rack. Eat warm. OK to refrigerate leftovers for a few days.


Nutrition per muffin
Calories 117
Total Fat 8.2 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Cholesterol 195.2 mg
Sodium 324.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 9.1 g
Weight Watchers + points: 3!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment