Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goat Cheese + Chicken = A Recipe I Can't Wait To Try


I LOVE goat cheese and I LOVE chicken and I LOVE Barefoot Contessa and this is her recipe, so what's not to love about this recipe?!?!  When I found it on the Food Network website I knew I had to share it with you.  I can't wait to try it out and let you know how it is!!!  I'm thinking it would go great with a baguette, a salad, and maybe even some grilled asparagus.  If you try it before me let me know how it is...

Chicken with Herbed Goat Cheese
recipe found at www.foodnetwork.com
By Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)
Serves 6

Ingredients
3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
12 ounce sherbed goat cheese, with garlic and herbs
Fresh basil leaves
Good olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
Loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers, leaving one side attached.
Cut 12 thick slices of the herbed goat cheese and place 2 slices plus a large basil leaf under the skin of each chicken breast.
Rub each piece with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Bake the breasts for 35 to 40 minutes, until just cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature.


Don't forget you can get posts via email rather than having to check back every day...
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment