Friday, July 8, 2011

Step By Step Easy Lasagna Recipe

Jon Arbuckle: Garfield, did you eat all four boxes of lasagna?
Garfield: [hiccups] It's not my fault. They started it. 

This lasagna has quite a story.  It is a recipe my mom would make all the time growing up.  She also would give it to me before I went back to college whenever I came home to hold me over until the next time.  As I got older I found out her recipe and started making it myself.  When my husband and I were talking before we dated I made him this lasagna to thank him for helping me with something (honestly can't remember why), and as they say food is the way to a man's heart.  Little did I know that lasagna was his favorite meal ;-).  So both the quote used and the recipe are a nod to my husband (Shale).  He loves lasagna and loved Garfield growing up.  I made this recipe a lot (because it is so simple) and then stopped making it for a while as it was getting a little boring.  However, when I told Shale I was making it the other night he was so thankful.  I knew I needed to share it as it is simple, feeds a lot and can be frozen.  The nice thing I like about the lasagna is you can throw in anything you like.  I've used mushrooms, fresh spinach, hot italian sausage, ground beef, chicken, you name it you can pretty much use it.  For this particular time I used roasted garlic and ground turkey breast in the sauce.  For the directions it really helps if you can visually see how to complete the recipes so I've done step by step pictures to help you out.  Enjoy your Italian dinner made simple!!!
Easy Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients:
2 Eggs
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1 big container of cottage cheese (16 oz)
2 cups of mozzerella cheese (plus more for top)
garlic salt (1 TBSP) or fresh garlic (2 cloves) or roasted garlic (whole head)
1 bottle of spaghetti sauce
1 package of no bake or no boil noodles (you will use about 9 noodles for a 9x13 pan)
Tin Foil
Step 1: add two eggs to large bowl and break up
Step 2: Add in cottage cheese

Step 3: add in parmesan cheese

Step 4: mix together well

Step 5: add in mozzerella cheese and mix together






Step: 6 Mix together meat (or veggies) and your preferred spaghetti sauce , reserve some sauce without meat or veggies for bottom of pan
Step 7: spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in bottom of casserole dish


Use no-boil or no-cook lasagna noodles
Step 8: place lasagna noodles down (make sure they don't touch or they won't cook correctly)

Step 9: add cottage cheese mixture on top of noodles

Step 10: spread cottage cheese mixture to edges of pan

Step 11: repeat with another layer of sauce, another layer of noodles, another layer of cheese, and a last layer of sauce

Step 12: top with mozzerella (I like to use large peices like this because it looks more rustic when it is finished)

Step13: Cook for 45 minutes covered with foil, remove foil and cook for 15 more minutes or until brown and bubbly.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil and allow to sit for about 15 minutes or until set.

Serve with grilled baguette topped with bruschetta and roasted asparagus
Bon Appetite!!!




Don't forget you can get posts via email rather than having to check back every day...
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment