Monday, August 1, 2011

Cute Mason Jar Strawberry Shortcakes


Mason Jar Strawberry Shortcakes
Babies are such a nice way to start people.
This past weekend I had the privilege of hosting my best friends first baby shower!  For the shower we had a pink theme (I'll try to get photos from her later).  I was in charge of dessert and decoration and wanted to come up with a really cute dessert.  Last week on twitter I noticed a picture someone had posted of a cake in a Mason Jar and I go the idea for Strawberry Shortcakes in Mason Jars.  If you've been to any major chain restaurant in the past year you've probably seen the cult obsession with dessert shooters, but what I loved about the mason jars was that it was just a little bit larger so it allowed for a more impressive and filling dessert.  It was such a simple process that turned out amazing and I just had to share it with you!  They were simple and quick to make.  To make them a little more festive I printed out labels with a little baby graphic and cute baby sayings and stuck them to the front of the jars.  For some other cute "dessert shooter" recipes that you could easily make into mason jar treats check out Pillsbury's dessert shooter recipes here or Betty Crocker's recipes here.  I'm thinking my next attempt at making up another recipe for mason jar treats will be cobbler mason jars with layers of cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream and a crumb topping... YUM!


Mason Jar Strawberry Shortcakes
Ingredients
With Label
1 angel food cake
1 lb strawberries
1 large tub of whipped cream
a few cherries (or other topping)
10 Mason Jars (Jelly Jar Size)

Cut angel food cake into bite sized pieces
Slice strawberries
In a mason jar layer some of the angel food cake
Then layer some of the strawberries
Top with whipped cream (*see tip below)
Top off with a cherry
*if you place whipped cream in a sandwich bag and snip off one end it allows you to "pipe" the whipped cream in which allows for great presentation



Don't forget you can get posts via email rather than having to check back every day...
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment