Saturday, September 10, 2011

Life Changes = Cooking Changes

When you are through changing, you are through. ~Bruce Barton

For those of you who don't know me personally I've had a huge job change recently.  So I apologize that I have not posted on here in a while. Almost a month ago I took a job teaching high school science.  So far it has been a wonderful experience in which I've been able to use my college degree.  However, for those of you who are not teachers I had no clue how much work a teacher puts in to their job.  I now appreciate every teacher I had and the 12 - 15 hours a day they would sometimes put in to teach me.  With this job change I've also lost a lot of my free time in the evenings.  The times I would use to cook before are now spent grading papers and making lesson plans.  So along with this job change I've also had a change in my cooking.  I have gone from spending two hours cooking each night to learning to throw together quick meals.  So my posts will also reflect this from here on out. Some of you are cheering because you also need quick easy meals and others of you may be a bit disappointed because you love the challenge that an involved meal brings with it.  I agree with both of these sides, I love the challenge of an involved meal but I definitely need the convenience.  So while most of my weekday posts will be quick convenient meals I am still making meals that involve a little bit more of a challenge on the weekend.  I hope you'll follow along with me in this adventure of cooking and teaching.  I can't wait!  Here's my first super simple crockpot recipe below.
Easy Slow Cooker Inside Out Chicken Casserole
Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken and mushroom soup
1 can of chicken broth
1 cup of uncooked brown rice
1 small bag (or box) of frozen peas

Dump all ingredients in a crockpot and stir together
Cook on low for 6 hours
Shred chicken in crockpot and stir until mixed
Serve warm (also heats up great if you want to make on the weekend and use later in the week)

No comments:

Post a Comment