Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Popcorn


drizzled choc. popcorn

"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate." - Katherine Hepburn

Well I had planned to attempt to make the caramel popcorn the other night and got home from the grocery store only to realize that I had forgotten corn syrup.  So I attempted another one of my favorites… chocolate drizzled popcorn.  This is something I tried the first time I went to NYC and fell in love.  When I went back the store that had sold it had closed down and I haven’t been able to find it since.  I will admit Target carries a pretty amazing white chocolate/cinnamon popcorn but it still didn’t compare to the chocolate drizzled popcorn.  So I made my own chocolate drizzled and sprinkled with sea salt.  It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty.  I was surprised by how incredibly easy it was to make and couldn’t wait to pass it on!

Chocolate Sea Salt Popcorn
Ingredients:
¼ cup of popcorn kernels
3 tbsp oil
¼ cup of chocolate (whatever kind you like semi sweet, dark, white, milk)
Sprinkling of sea salt

tossed choc. popcorn
In a pot (with a lid)
Heat 3 tbsp of oil over medium heat
Add popcorn kernels and shake while heating
Once they start to pop continue shaking without stopping
Once the popping slows to about 2-3 seconds in between remove kernels to a large bowl (careful they will be hot)
In a double boiler melt chocolate
After chocolate is melted pour over popcorn cernals and toss to coat (you can also drizzle on top if you’d like)
While still hot pour popcorn onto a sheet of parchment paper and lightly sprinkle with sea salt
Allow to cool until hardened
Serve and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment