Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Interview

Last week we had an interview with a line cook for Seasons52 and this week we are going to go a different route with an interview from a Wellness Educator for a local Tampa hospital.  Bethany used to be my roommate and she is definitely my "fitness-extraordinaire" friend.  Bethany has been a nurse for a few years and was just recently promoted to wellness educator.  Her perspective is one from a busy yet fit lifestyle focused on making good choices and eating less processed food.  I hope you enjoy her healthy perspective as much as I do!!! Oh, and if you like what you read from her check out her healthy blog at www.FitRN.blogspot.com




Friday Interview with a Wellness Educator

Name:Bethany Brown

Profession: Nurse Educator (Wellness Educator specifically)

What’s the most challenging thing about your job schedule and cooking/eating/etc… My job hours are not always consistent and I am in grad school. Most of the time, when I do get home at a decent hour to cook, I have homework to do.

Any tips to overcome this: I plan in advance!!!! Defrosting meat while I am at work requires no work at all. My fabulous husband loves to grill, so this works out nicely.

Why you like/love to cook: I like PROVING that you can make HEALTHY and TASTY meals.

Who taught you how to cook: My mom and YOUTUBE

If you had a cooking show what would you name it (based on your perspective of cooking): Fast&FIT

Favorite Cuisine Type: MEXICAN

Favorite “healthy” food: Spinach

Favorite thing to cook: Spaghetti squash, ground turkey, and home-made sauce.

Favorite Spice/Flavor: CILANTRO

Favorite Food: Apples with natural peanut butter

Favorite Sweet Treat: Chocolate Trinity icecream by Publix Premium

Favorite “fall back” food (that thing you make if you just need something to fall back on): Brown rice and beans (cheap, and together, they make a complete protein)

Secret Indulgence: Same as my "sweet treat"

Best tip you ever learned about cooking: I am ALWAYS a work in progress.... Experiment

What you wish other people knew about cooking: DECREASE THE SALT YOU USE!!!!

What do you think is the most challenging part of cooking: I hate buying a whole grocery cart full of NEW ingredients that I did not already have... Just to make one recipe. I will NOT even try a recipe if I do not already have HALF of the ingredients. If you want me to try something, give me at least three recipes that will use ALL OF THOSE odd ingredients.

Favorite Recipe: Havana Salad From Eat Clean Diet - See Recipe Here

2 comments:

  1. That slow cooker recipe on Tuesday's post is going to coincide nicely with my "budget conscious" planning this week =) Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime my friend!!! I loved the black beans and it made soooo many!

    ReplyDelete