Saturday, January 14, 2012

Carrabba's Scotty Thompson Appetizer Recipe


I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life. I love the food. I love the people. I love the attitudes of Italians.

Elton John


Cinque Terre, Italy
The above quote is exactly how I feel about Italy.  I went to Italy about 3 years ago and I think I fell in love.  I too love the way of life, attitudes and people, but most of all I love the food.  I loved the way they used really fresh ingredients to make really high quality meals.  Ever since I went I've been in love with a freshly baked bread dipped in great olive oil, a caprese salad drizzled with a balsamic glaze and most of all a really good tomato sauce. Since then, I love to try these basic flavors in any kind of recipe.  Along with loving to make Italian food, I also love to eat Italian food.  My current favorite restaurant is Carrabba's and whenever the husband and I get a chance to go we always order the "Scotty Thompson" appetizer.  You won't find it on the menu but any Carrabba's will make it if you ask for it.  It is basically a fresh tomato sauce with slices of goat cheese on top of it served with grilled garlic bread....mmmmm  Recently I decided to use my tried and true tomato sauce recipe to attempt to make this appetizer and it turned out so simple and great I had to share!  Buon appetito!




Carrabba's Scotty Thompson Appetizer

Ingredients:
Carrabba's Scotty Thompson photo
  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (or make the sauce under the pasta al pomodoro recipe click here to see recipe)
  • 1 sleeve of goat cheese (about 4-6 ounces)
  • 1 loaf of french bread
  • olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves

  • Directions:
slice french bread into single servings
brush sides of bread
grill until each side has slight char lines
rub garlic cloves over each side (this will give a faint garlic taste)
In a small serving dish pour heated spaghetti sauce
top with sliced goat cheese and serve immediately with bread for dipping










Don't forget you can get posts via email rather than having to check back every day...
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment