Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A simple dinner..

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci


this kitchen just screams light, airy and relaxing
I'm sure you know the days.  The ones where you wake up late, rush to get to work on time,  finish work, drive home in traffic, come home to find that your dogs have torn up your house, clean it up, go walk them only to find it raining, then go back inside and realize what you were going to make for dinner is frozen.  Although I love to post recipes pleas do not imagine that every night I come home and make an elaborate dinner!  There are days when I have completely lived out the story above.  A few days ago I had one of these days and ended up throwing together a dinner that was so simple and easy I had to share.  Don't get me wrong I love coming home and putting together an involved dinner, as weird as it may seem I often find it relaxing.  I love the repetitiveness of cooking, it gives me time to think.  But on weeks when I'm extremely busy, or sick, the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen and cook.  So I come up with meals like this fast, simple and doesn't require a lot of thinking.  I do have to say I am not an Alfredo sauce fan.  I would much rather have plain old marinara but the husband loves his cheese - so Alfredo is something he really enjoys.  So despite the artery clogging properties of the sauce every now and then I try to make it for him.  So here's to making something your husband loves - despite the slightly unhealthy aspect!!!  Oh and I made it super simple and served it with bread and a side of dipping oil... just to enhance the unhealthiness!  Enjoy!


Spicy Sausage Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients:
1/2 lb of spicy sausage (I used turkey)
1 jar of your favorite fettuccine sauce
Fettuccine noodles
Cook noodles according to instructions
Remove casing from sausage (you can do this by squeezing out the sausage from the middle - I know it's gross)
Cook sausage in pan (break apart so it is crumbled a little bigger than ground beef)
Once sausage is cooked add Alfredo sauce and simmer on low for a few minutes
Toss with cooked noodles
Ta-da... super simple!


Dipping Oil for Bread
In a small bowl pour an ample amount of olive oil
Add in italian seasoning (you can find this in the herb section)
Add in a small amount of sea salt
Add in a small amount of balsamic vinegar (this is important as it really helps the flavor)
And the most important step... allow it to sit for a while so the herbs start to work their way all through the oil and flavor it!
Serve with a crusty loaf of french bread





Don't forget you can get posts via email rather than having to check back every day...

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




No comments:

Post a Comment