Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday's Tip...Eating Seasonally



 Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.  ~Henry James

I love eating vegetables and fruits in season.  Not only are they more affordable but they always seem to taste sweeter, fresher and look better.  It is probably because I live in Florida where seasonal vegetables grow in abundance but I just honestly don't feel like a strawberry shipped from out of state tastes the same as a strawberry grown in season in Florida.  Sorry I think I'm a little biased because while I would trade you the Florida heat any day I definitely wouldn't trade the Florida produce farms!  Recently I was browsing RealSimple.com (one of my favorite magazines/websites) and found this amazing article on produce that I just had to share.  Due to the fact that I do not want to steal anyone's information you can find the article by clicking here.  They also have some amazing recipes for each ingredient!!

No comments:

Post a Comment