Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolate Dipped PB Sandwiches and other Christmas goodies

Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.
Peg Bracken

ShopEnSky Cupcake Liners
I have an admission to make.  I don't like peanut butter.  Honestly!  I can manage to eat the reduced fat kind but the regular kind just tastes awful to me.  Which really is a disappointment when you think of how many food items are made with peanut butter, especially at Christmas time!  However, I have a husband who LOVES peanut butter, he will basically eat anything with peanut butter in it.  However, I was making another recipe this weekend and decided to throw together a few ingredients that I had left over to make these peanut butter wonders.  My second admission is... I didn't try them after I made them, like I said I don't like peanut butter so I wasn't about to use my hoarded calories for sweets on these.  However, everyone who tried them loved them and they were so easy so I had to share... ENJOY!

Chocolate Dipped PB Sandwhiches
Ingredients:
ritz crackers
semi sweet chocolate chips
shortening
peanut butter (your choice of type)
oreos
cookie sheet
parchment paper

In food processor process oreos until coursely ground  
Spread 1 ritz cracker with generous amount of peanut butter
Top with another ritz cracker
Repeat until you have the number of sandwhiches you would like
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
In double boiler melt semi sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 bag, you can use more or less depending on amount of sandwhiches) along with a tablespoon of shortening
*for those of you who are wondering why the shortening this helps to make the chocolate thinner which allows for better coating, another plus is it allows the chocolate to have a shiny appearance
Once chocolate is melted remove from heat
Carefully place one sandwich into the chocolate and move around until the sandwhich is covered by the chocolate, remove from chocolate (I used a fork to do this)
Top cookie with oreo crumbles
Repeat for rest of cookies
*If you have leftover chocolate you can always drizzle some on top of the oreo topped cookies
Pop into fridge for an hour to allow to harden
Enjoy!

Other Christmas Recipes I LOVE!!!!
Perfect Roast Turkey by Ina Garten (this seriously is my favorite turkey!)
Oreo Cookie Truffles (this is what I was making before this recipe... AMAZING!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment