Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last Day of The Oatmeal Challenge

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

It has been a while since I have blogged a new recipe.  The past few days have been very busy and I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I love the quote above.  I remember when I first started the oatmeal challenge I thought it was definitely the wrong time to be taking up such a challenge.  As mentioned in one post my husband even said "why did you have to choose breakfast, it's my favorite meal".  Often the husband and I go to breakfast together and I get my favorite egg white omlette while he savors his country fried steak (so jealous that guys can eat like that and not gain a pound) so I knew it would be a sacrifice becauseI would have to make sure wherever we went had oatmeal.
But like the quote above, it will never be perfect.  After 30 days I'm really glad I stuck with the oatmeal challenge.  I started out hating oatmeal and dreading the next 30 days.  Now I can honestly say that since the challenge has been over I've chosen to eat oatmeal 3 more times on my own, simply because I wanted it.  If you're contemplating trying to eat more oatmeal let me encourage you, it's a great addition to your diet.  It's cheap, healthy and really keeps you full.  When setting out to do this for thirty days one of the things that kept me striving forward was my desire to take more control over my diet and not allow myself to fall into the pattern of want = eat, want = eat, and so on.  It's nice knowing that if I dedicate myself to something like this for 30 days I can literally change my desires.  Before I would never choose to eat oatmeal and now I like it a lot.  Well,  I can't wait to tell you my last oatmeal dish wasn't healthy!!!  I had decided in the beginning that if I attempted to make my oatmeal healthy every morning then the last day I would throw in whatever I wanted.  So on this last day I threw in peanut butter and dark chocolate chips and lets just say it was a little piece of heaven!  I was glad I was able to look back on the past days with success knowing I had always followed through with my plan.  So here's to healthy choices and here's to a little splurge every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment