Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mango Arugula Salad

I've been eating salads pretty much every day for lunch and trying to come up with new options so it doesn't become boring. I thought I would share a few of my favorites with you when I have them in case you need ideas.  I am trying to make them all with no sugar, no dairy and no wheat.  

Today was arugula with 1/2 a mango, 1 Apple chopped, sliced roasted turkey, 1 piece chopped bacon, raisins, balsamic vinegar and evoo. It was SO good. I like buying my turkey from whole foods. If you visit their hot food counter they have fresh cooked turkey that they will sandwich slice for you. I asked for the ingredient list and it is brined in lemon juice, water and spices.  No sugar or preservatives added.  I will usually get 1/4 lb for a week and chop up two pieces for a salad. It's a great quick food to have on hand and much healthier than normal deli meat which usually has sugar, nitrates and preservatives.  

Enjoy lunch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment