Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Oatmeal

You have to eat oatmeal or you'll dry up. Anybody knows that.
 Kay Thompson


Denby Monsoon Dinnerware

My sister and I decided to start a 30 day oatmeal challenge (see here for more info) where we would only eat oatmeal for breakfast for the next 30 days.  For those of you who don't know, I hate oatmeal, the texture just drives me nuts.   So while making my first batch this morning I told the husband "well, I may not be eating breakfast for the next 30 days" to which he replied "well that sounds like an awesome way to loose weight".  I have to admit I was quite offended at this comment :) was he implying something?  I know we are newly weds but isn't there an unspoken rule among the guys to never make diet/weight comments to your wife?  Well we both laughed it off due to the look on his face of "oh crap, why did I say that".  As for my oatmeal, it turned out really well and I actually ate about half the serving before the texture started getting to me.  The spices and combination really complimented each other well so I had to share.  Hope you enjoy and who knows maybe it will be a great diet!


Day 1: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Oatmeal

I figured on day one I'd try mixins of one of my favorite desserts.  So I pulled out an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe to get ideas for the spices and such.  It acutally turned out really good!
Ingredients:

3/4 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

dash of salt
1 small snack size box of raisins
1/2 cup oatmeal
In pot combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt and bring to boil
Reduce to medium high heat and add vanilla, oatmeal and raisins
Simmer for one minute, allow to cool and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment